GED® Prep Online - Summer B classes start June 24
Prepare for the GED® Exam online with Seminole State College!
Did you know that in the state of Florida the GED® exam is an alternative pathway to earn a high school diploma? It's true! When you pass the exam you are awarded a high school diploma issued by the Florida Department of Education. You can use it just like you would a diploma earned in the traditional high school environment. A high school diploma will allow you to:
- Get a job or a promotion
- Go to college
- Pursue a trade
- Qualify for financial aid
The GED® Prep Program at Seminole State College has helped thousands of students pass the GED® exam, earn their degrees and accomplish their goals.
Updates for Coronavirus (COVID-19) Situation
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and based on guidance from the Florida Department of Education, all Seminole State College campuses and physical facilities are closed to employees and students until further notice. All Summer 2020 classes have been moved to a virtual/online format while faculty and staff work remotely. We will update this website when a timeline is in place to reopen campus services and in-person classes. Even though we are all dealing with some significant changes, here are some things to remember:
- Even if you have never taken online classes before, we will make sure that you can succeed in our virtual classroom.
- Students are still able to learn everything they they need to prepare for the GED® exam.
- With GED® Prep online classes, our award-winning professors can teach to you over video on your computer or mobile device.
- Video classes will take place at specific days and times that work with your schedule.
- Advisors are available via email, phone and video to help you from application all the way to graduation and everything in between.
Although we all must work remotely for a while, know that we are still ready to help you get back on track and achieve your academic and career goals.
How to Get Started
The cost for GED® Prep courses is a flat fee of $30 per semester. New students must be 18 years old before the end of their first semester. See the Academic Foundations calendar for semester start and end dates. See the GED® Prep course schedule for information on current and upcoming classes. See our GED® Prep 招生/New Students page for information about applying, class registration and new student orientation. Please see our GED® Prep Current Students page for information about current student registration.